Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Furniture / High Point Market


-HIGH POINT, NC

The only seminars I have ever attended when shopping the High Point market featured Leatrice Eiseman, Exec. Dir. of the Pantone Color Institute. It's always interesting and she always takes questions. The last time I saw her speak I asked about the future of stainless steel in the kitchen as a standard. She was noncommittal and suggested other metals maybe be introduced. ( Copper, Bronze?). Well I guess Sub-Zero wasn't listening and then the global recession arrived.

If you didn't get into the seminar or travel into the Triad area this October I offer you a link to the Pantone color trends of 2010. Eiseman organized the different palettes into the following groups;

Ambiance
Gatherings
Hi-Def
Tinged Neutrals

The last grouping, neutrals, is what I predict will translate into many upholstery colors stocked by your local department store. Including four, yes four different shades of gray it is very safe. Feature photo.

I wish the trends were more daring but these hues do reinforce that both manufacturer and retailer are moving more cautiously than ever.

The complete 19 page "Fashion Report" issued from High Point can be found by pasting this address into your browser:
http://www.highpointmarket.org/eNews/20091001/2009HPMFallFashionReport.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment